Anticipated fall admissions dates for the 2021-2022 school year.
We hope and plan to be back on our school building for in-person, physically-distanced learning this fall (learn more here), but to best support our community's health and the health of our applying families, all admissions activities will be conducted via online platforms. We are excited about the opportunities this will provide us to best meet your scheduling needs and to offer some new and different ways for prospective families to get to know Town!
We are still accepting applications for a few spots for fall 2020, click here to apply, and feel welcome to contact us with any questions.
We know that life doesn't always happen on schedule.
If your family may be applying outside the traditional Admissions season dates due to relocation or other big life changes, we are happy to work with you.
Start your 2021-2022 process now!
Fill out our brief Inquiry Form, to be included in our applying families newsletters, and to schedule an informal conversation with our Admissions Director, Debbie Ashe.
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
- Online Application for 2021-22 will be available on our website. Please note a fee waiver is available if needed; contact us for more information.
- We will begin scheduling parent and child appointments, and will publish dates of special events just for prospective families.
September 2020 - Early January 2021
Self-guided parent tour experiences, parent interviews, child assessment appointments, and opportunities to connect with our community.
November 1, 2020
We will begin accepting Financial Aid applications for 2021-22. Information about the process is on our Financial Aid page, and details for the 2021-22 process will be posted by the end of October.
Friday, November 20, 2020
Application Deadline, to be considered for the February/March 2021 decision period. We will accept applications on a rolling basis thereafter.
Thursday, December 31, 2020
Deadline for Financial Aid Applications.
January 8, 2021
Application files must be complete by today to recieve your admissions decision by the February and March notification dates below. This includes a completed tour experience, parent interview, child assessment, appropriate school reports, and testing if applicable. Applications completed after the January 8, 2021 due date will be processed on a rolling admissions basis.
Notification Dates for 2021-22.
The Town School follows the ISAAGNY notification and reply dates for the 2021-2022 school year.
Nursery 3 and Nursery 4
- Families will be notified (by email) of their admissions decision not before Thursday, February 25, 2021.
- Parent replies are due no later than noon on Thursday, March 4, 2021.
- Families will be notified (by email) of their admissions decision on Thursday, February 4, 2021.
- Parent replies are due no later than noon on Thursday, February 11, 2021.
1st - 8th grades
- Families will be notified (by email) of their admissions decision not before Tuesday, February 9, 2021.
- Parent replies are due no later than noon on Tuesday, March 2, 2021.
Early Notification Option for Sibling and Legacy Families
(contact admissions for more information about this option)
Nursery 3 and Nursery 4
- Families will be notified (by email) of their admissions decision not before Tuesday, December 1, 2020 and not later than Friday, January 15, 2021.
- Parent replies are due no later than noon on Friday, January 22, 2021.
Kindergarten and 1st grade
- Families will be notified (by email) of their admissions decision not before Wednesday, December 9, 2020 and not later than Monday, January 11, 2021.
- Parent replies are due no later than noon on Friday, January 15, 2021.