Your Lower School application checklist.
We're so pleased you are interested in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade at Town! Below are the steps to apply, and we are standing by to answer questions any time!
Please note that applicants must be the followings ages by September 1, 2020:
- Applicants for 1st Grade must be six years old
- Applicants for 2nd Grade must be seven years old
- Applicants for 3rd Grade must by eight years old
- Applicants for 4th Grade must be nine years old.
1. Submit your application.
Our online application for 2020-2021 will be available Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
- If you plan to apply for financial aid and need an application fee waiver, please contact the Admissions team.
Our streamlined application should take only a few minutes to complete.Apply Online
2. Schedule your parent visit.
Once you have submitted your application, a checklist of next steps will appear in your Admissions portal and you can schedule your interview and a tour of the school.
Please allow a total of about 90 minutes for this visit. The tour, led by one of our fantastic faculty members or school administrators, is approximately one hour. Your interview will occur either before or after the tour for about 30 minutes. Head of School Doug Brophy greets the tours, and will look forward to meeting you.
3. Schedule a student visit.
Students applying for 1st - 4th grades will spend a half day in a classroom of their current grade. Visiting children are assigned a buddy to help introduce them to Town, and during the visit, a Town learning specialist will assess the student's math and reading skills in an informal one-to-one setting.
Contact the Admissions team to schedule your child's student visit. When possible, we will try to coordinate your child's visit on the same day as your parent tour and interview.
4. Forms and Testing
- The Town School uses the ISEE Primary assessment for all candidates entering Second through Fourth grades.
- You may register your child online, or contact ERB Operations at 800-446-0320.
- Transcript Release Form for all grades.
- 1st Grade Teacher Recommendation Form.
- 2nd through 4th Grade Head of School or Teacher Recommendation Form.
Notification and Reply Dates
The Town School follows the ISAAGNY notification and reply dates for the 2020-2021 School Year (for applications and files completed by January 8, 2020).
1st through 4th Grade notifications will be emailed not before Tuesday, February 4, 2020. Parent Reply required by noon on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Our online application for 2020-2021 is now live!
Don't hesitate to reach out any time!