Your Lower School application checklist.
We're so pleased you are interested in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade at Town! Below are the steps to apply, and our Admissions team is happy to answer questions any time!
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis for 2021-22, and our application for 2022-23 will be live on August 23, 2021.Apply
2. Parent conversation.
Once you complete your initial application form, you will receive an email with instructions to schedule a parent meeting with a member of our Admissions team, at a time that is convenient for you.
If you met with Admissions Director Debbie Ashe this spring or summer for a parent conversation, we consider this portion of your application process complete! You are welcome to schedule a follow-up check-in at any time.
3. Getting to know your child.
Our expert faculty have designed a developmentally appropriate meeting structure to help your child interact successfully with us in a virtual setting (testing will not be required). For 1st - 4th grades this will be a brief Zoom conversation with Town teachers to have a conversation with the child and administer specific assessments such as math and reading/writing. We will communicate with families in advance of the session to help students feel as comfortable as possible.
4. Teacher recommendations and school records.
We require a Teacher Recommendation Form from your child's current teacher as well as copies of your child's school reports.
- After you have submitted your application form, your admissions parent portal will provide a link to send to your child's teacher to complete and submit the required ISAAGNY recommendation form.
- We require your child's current school records (transcript and/or narrative reports). Please contact your current school and ask that they email the records to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also welcome recommendations from previous years' teachers, not least because 2020-21 was an unusual year for many students.
5. Getting to know Town.
Throughout the Admissions season, we will offer different ways to help you "try on Town" as you consider your child's next steps as a learner and community member. We invite you to connect with our community online, and through interactive special events with parent, student, and alumni/ae ambassadors.
We anticipate offering in-person parent tours beginning in January 2022 and will post details on our Calendar and Events page by November 2021. Our tours will be in small groups at a variety of times to support health and safety and best serve your needs as a family.
Notification and Reply Dates
Don't hesitate to reach out any time!
Rolling Admissions for 2021-2022