Your 5th through 8th Grade Admissions Checklist.
We are so pleased you are interested in Upper School at Town! Below are the steps to apply, and we are standing by to answer questions any time.
To apply for the 2020-2021 school year, students must be the following ages by Sept. 1, 2020:
- Applicants for 5th Grade must be 10 years old.
- Applicants for 6th Grade must be 11 years old.
- Applicants for 7th Grade must be 12 years old.
- Applicants for 8th Grade must be 13 years old.
1. Submit your application.
Our online application for 2020-2021 will be available Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
- If you plan to apply for financial aid and need an application fee waiver, please contact the Admissions team.
Our streamlined application should take only a few minutes to complete.Apply Online
2. Schedule your family's visits.
Once you have submitted your application, a checklist of next steps will appear in your Admissions portal and you can schedule your family's visits which include:
- parent tour of the school
- parent interview
- student visit
Please allow a total of about 90 minutes for your combined parent tour and interview visit. The tour, led by one of our fantastic faculty members or school administrators, is approximately one hour. Your interview will occur either before or after the tour for about 30 minutes. Head of School Doug Brophy greets the tours, and will look forward to meeting you.
The student visit will be for about a 1/2 day in the classrooms.
3. Brief student essay
Students will be asked to complete a brief essay on one of six offered topics. You will find the topic options in your application checklist in the Admissions portal. Please have your child set aside about 30 minutes to write this essay, which is intended as a writing sample to help us get to know your child better.
4. Forms and testing
- The Town School requires the ISEE assessment for all candidates entering Fifth through Seventh grades.
- You may register your child for the test online, or contact ISEE Operations at (800) 446-0320.
- Transcript Release Form for all grades.
- Math and English Teacher Recommendation Form.
Notification and Reply Dates
The Town School follows the ISAAGNY notification and reply dates for the 2020-2021 School Year (for applications and files completed by January 8, 2020).
Notifications will be emailed not before Tuesday, February 4, 2020. Parent Reply required by noon on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Don't hesitate to reach out any time!
Our online application for 2020-2021 is now live!