The Town School offers its teachers highly competitive salaries and benefits, a collegial and supportive work environment, and significant support for professional development. We seek teachers who view their work as a calling, who work hard and are dedicated to their students, and who expect to continue to grow as professionals.
Town Faculty/Staff benefits include (for full time employees)
- Medical and dental coverage for employees; partial subsidy towards family medical coverage with choice of plan
- Optional flex spending, 403b plans
- Pension plan
- TransitCheks, qualified parking, and computer loan program
- Long and short term disability and life insurance, plus the option for supplemental insurance at group rates
- Additional benefits such as discounted health club membership, discounted Verizon personal wireless service for employees, and complimentary lunch
Unless otherwise noted, applicants for all positions should send a resume, letter of interest, and the names and contact information of three professional references to Douglas Brophy, Head of School at email@example.com.
Employment Opportunities for 2018-19
Resumes and inquiries are welcome at any time; our main hiring season takes place in early Spring for the following school year.
Math Specialist, Grades 5 – 8
Math Specialist, Grades 5 – 8
The Town School seeks an experienced middle school educator for the Math Specialist for Grades 5 - 8 position for the 2018-19 school year.
The math specialist will work in partnership with the Nursery through Lower School math specialist and will work with guidance and student support teams. The position requires a background in math as well as experience with curriculum development and an understanding of how students learn math. The specialist will oversee curriculum and work with Upper School math teachers to help implement curriculum to meet the needs to all students.
- a Master’s degree in math education/leadership
- 5 years of experience as a math teacher, specialist, or curriculum developer.
- being knowledge about math learning and instruction at the grade 5 – 8 level
- excellent communication skills with both students and teachers as well as various constituencies
- experience with TERC Investigations and Connected Math Project 3 are a plus.
Unless otherwise noted, applicants for all positions should send a resume, letter of interest, and the names and contact information of three professional references to Andrea DeJesus at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
We are seeking a School Nurse to administer first aid, emergency and preventative care to children in Grade Nursery 3 through Grade 8, as well as to faculty and staff as needed. The School Nurse acts as a liaison between parents and school administrators concerning health issues, monitors and educates faculty and staff regarding student allergies and medical conditions, maintains all health records and accident reports, and may teach life skills. This exempt position includes summer programming through July (with stipend), and offers four weeks paid vacation during the month of August, in addition to all school holidays.
- Registered Nurse with current New York State License
- CPR/AED/First Aid certifications
- Minimum four years experience in pediatric setting
- A strong degree of flexibility
- Calm and patient demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills and sound judgemHi Jodie,ent
- Facility/comfort with technology
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and note “School Nurse” in the subject line.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Town School is strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. The School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion or religious practices, color, gender, including gender identity/expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, creed, citizenship status, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, prior arrest or conviction record, genetic predisposition, status as a domestic violence or stalking victim, caregiver status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable state, federal, or local laws.