The Town School offers its teachers highly competitive salaries and benefits, a collegial and supportive work environment, and significant support for professional development. We seek teachers who view their work as a calling, who work hard and are dedicated to their students, and who expect to continue to grow as professionals.
Town Faculty/Staff benefits include (for full time employees)
- Medical and dental coverage for employees; partial subsidy towards family medical coverage with choice of plan
- Optional flex spending, 403b plans
- Pension plan
- TransitCheks, qualified parking, and computer loan program
- Long and short term disability and life insurance, plus the option for supplemental insurance at group rates
- Additional benefits such as discounted health club membership, discounted Verizon personal wireless service for employees, and complimentary lunch
Unless otherwise noted, applicants for all positions should send a resume, letter of interest, and the names and contact information of three professional references to Douglas Brophy, Head of School at email@example.com.
Resumes and inquiries are welcome at any time; our main hiring season takes place in early Spring for the following school year.
Maternity Leave Dance Teacher for grades Nursery 3 – 2nd grade for January 7 – April 18, 2019
We seek a dance teacher to cover a maternity leave from January 4 – April 18. This position involves teaching all dance classes in grades Nursery 3 – 2nd grade.
A Bachelor’s degree in dance and some teaching experience are required. There is also the possibility of some performing arts administrative work.
To apply: Unless otherwise noted, applicants for all positions should send a resume, letter of interest, and the names and contact information of three professional references to Odette Muskin at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
IT Support Technician, 2018-19 School Year
We seek an organized, dedicated, and reliable IT Support Technician for the 2018-19 school year. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technology-infused environment, providing frontline desktop and classroom technical support for our learning community and 1:1 device program. The successful candidate should be comfortable interacting with students, teachers, parents, trustees, alumni, vendors and colleagues. This is a 12-month, full-time position in the Technology Department that reports to the Director of Technology. Town embraces high academic and ethical standards, and all members of the community are guided by our school motto, "Joy with Purpose."
- Serve as "first responder" to tech support requests, which arrive by email, phone and in person. Diagnose the request and handle directly, or refer to other department members when necessary.
- Plan and execute maintenance of faculty laptops/desktops (updates, new hardware, backups).
- Maintain student laptop sets and cabinets (re-image, label, manage charging cables).
- Maintain and troubleshoot copier/printers, including distributing paper, toner, etc.
- Provide hardware and software support for interactive touchscreen displays in classrooms.
- Arrange for equipment repair (computers, printers, etc.) as needed.
- Manage inventory of technology hardware via asset tags.
- Manage technology storage and plan e-recycle pickups when necessary.
- Manage and fulfill all AV requests throughout the school.
- Video-record, stream, upload, and share school events.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Technology.
- Education or training equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering / IT Systems field.
- Minimum one year of relevant work experience, preferably in an educational setting and a mixed platform environment.
- Knowledge of Mac and PC laptop and desktop hardware.
- Knowledge of Mac OS, iOS, Windows, MS Office, MS Outlook, Google Apps.
- Knowledge of imaging Mac OS computers and IOS devices.
- Laptop, desktop, and iPad setup and configuration experience.
- Ability to work with individuals with a range of technical expertise courteously and professionally, while remaining calm and supportive with users in the midst of a technology "crisis."
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to be flexible with the weekly schedule, which may include working evenings and weekends a few times a year.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with multiple distractions and changing priorities.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improving technology procedures/policies and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Ability to occasionally lift and move up to 50 lbs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, The Town School seeks candidates who will add to the diversity of our school community.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and the names/contact information of three professional references to techemployment@TownSchool.org, attention Grant Olds, Director of Technology.
1st Grade Co-Head Teacher - Maternity Leave, Spring 2019
Town seeks a 1st Grade Co-Head Teacher to fill a maternity leave in the spring of this school year, 2018-19.
- Work collaboratively with co-teacher, grade-level, divisional, and school-wide colleagues for curriculum planning and student support
- Actively partner with parents and Guidance Team to closely monitor and support student progress
- Differentiate instruction to attend to the needs of individual children
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, parents, and administration
- Degree in education
- 2-3 years lead-teaching experience in an elementary setting
- Experience with TC Readers/Writers Workshop and TERC Investigations
- Experience incorporating technology in support of student learning
- Passion for teaching young children
- Interest in continued professional development
Members of under-represented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Unless otherwise noted, Applicants for all positions should send a resume, letter of interest, and the names and contact information of three professional references to David A. Wood, Head of Lower School at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Math Specialist, Grades 5 – 8, 2019-20 School Year
Math Specialist, Grades 5 – 8
for the 2019-20 School Year
The Town School seeks an experienced middle school educator for the Math Specialist for Grades 5 - 8 position for the 2019-20 school year.
The math specialist will work in partnership with the Nursery through Lower School math specialist and will work with guidance and student support teams. The position requires a background in math as well as experience with curriculum development and an understanding of how students learn math. The specialist will oversee curriculum and work with Upper School math teachers to help implement curriculum to meet the needs to all students.
- a Master’s degree in math education/leadership
- 5 years of experience as a math teacher, specialist, or curriculum developer.
- being knowledge about math learning and instruction at the grade 5 – 8 level
- excellent communication skills with both students and teachers as well as various constituencies
- experience with TERC Investigations and Connected Math Project 3 are a plus.
Unless otherwise noted, applicants for all positions should send a resume, letter of interest, and the names and contact information of three professional references to Andrea DeJesus at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Town School is strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. The School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion or religious practices, color, gender, including gender identity/expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, creed, citizenship status, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, prior arrest or conviction record, genetic predisposition, status as a domestic violence or stalking victim, caregiver status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable state, federal, or local laws.