Town's current budget for financial aid is $3,000,000; approximately 19% of current students receive financial assistance. In addition to financial aid grants for tuition, Town's Esther Kramer Fund helps families pay for other costs, such as tutoring and testing, that can be part of the cost of attending Town. Additional support may include reduced fees for events and financial support for students needing counseling.
Our process is simple and confidential.
1. Our application for 2022-23 will open November 1, 2021, in TADS. Applications and supporting materials are due December 31st.
- Go to mytads.com, and click Financial Aid Assessment to begin your application.
- Be sure to select The Town School from the drop-down options so we may access your application.
2. Gather your supporting materials: tax returns and W-2's.
- For the 2022-23 application, we will ask for both your 2020 and 2021 tax returns. As our application deadline of December 31st is before you will have your 2020 return prepared, simply complete your application with your 2020 return and then upload your 2021 return when ready.
3. If you are a first-time applicant for financial aid at Town, please also submit a simple family budget worksheet.
- Click here for our monthly budget excel worksheet, required for first-time financial aid applicants.
- Save a copy of the completed worksheet and upload it into TADS along with your other supporting materials.
Deadline: Please complete your TADS application and submit all required materials by December 31st.
Kelly Gruen, Director of Finance, is happy to chat! Click the button below to set a meeting with her.Schedule a meeting with Kelly Gruen
Is my family eligible for financial aid?
Many factors go into determining whether a family demonstrates the need for financial aid. Family income, net worth, assets, debt, and the number of children in tuition-charging schools are some of the variables. Financial need is defined as the difference between the costs of a school and the family’s ability to pay for these expenses. If in doubt about eligibility, please ask us!
- Please note: Financial Aid begins at Kindergarten and is not available for Nursery 3 or Nursery 4 students.
- If families have a child attending another tuition-charging school, they must also apply for aid at that school in order to be eligible for aid at The Town School.
- If you have questions at any point about the process or the criteria for evaluating your application, please feel welcome to call The Town School Business Office at 212-288-4383. All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence.
The following benefits are available for families receiving financial aid.
- Reduced After School Programs Fees: Postscript and Jr. Postscript are after-school programs offering classes such as woodworking, art, dance, coding, or chess. Clubhouse is an after-school drop-in program open every day until 6:00 p.m. that features supervised play and arts and crafts with two wonderful faculty members.
- Discounted tickets for the annual Benefit Party.
- Other forms of support may be available. Please do not ever hesitate to request a confidential conversation with Kelly Gruen, Director of Finance, or Deborah Ashe, Director of Admissions and Enrollment.